- What is the Triennale Passport?
- The Triennale passport is a ticket, which you can see artworks (facilities) of Triennale 2019 during Setouchi Triennale 2019.
There are 2 kinds of passports : One is 3 season passport which is available for all sessions, and another is 1 season passport which is available only each session, spring, summer and autumn. A discounted ticket is now on sale until 25th April 2019. Click here to read more.
- How can I get a Triennale Passport?
- Please click here for more information.
- Can I buy the actual Passport?
- Passports can only be bought directly when the Triennale is in session. They are sold at Triennale information centers on the islands and at the ports.
- Is there a Passport for children?
- Children 15 and under can receive a free Passport. Please ask at the Triennale information centers.
- How do I use the Triennale Passport?
- Show your Triennale Passport to the staff before entering each art site. They will stamp the number of the art site on your Passport. At outdoor sites that require no admission, you will find a stamp hanging from the signpost so that you can stamp your own Passport.
- Can I get a refund on the Triennale Passport?
- No, there are no refunds.
- Is there a discount for senior citizens or for people with disabilities?
- No, there are no such discounts available.
- I lost my Triennale Passport. Is it possible to have it re-issued?
- No, we do not re-issue lost Passports.
The Official Guidebook
- Is the guide book released?
- It will be on sale in April.
If the release date is decided, we will inform you on our website and SNS.
Ferries and High Speed Passenger Boats
- Are the boats crowded?
- During the Setouchi Triennale, the boats can get very crowded so you should allow yourself plenty of time to buy tickets.
The 3-Day Triennale Ferry Pass
- Can I ask about the validity of the 3-Day Triennale Ferry Pass?
- It is valid for consecutive three days from the day when you exchange for an actual ticket initially during the Setouchi Triennale. The pass can be used multiple times for ferry only during the Triennal. However, you can not use to spanning the period to session outside.
- Where can I buy a 3-Day Ferry Pass?
You can buy a voucher for a 3-Day Ferry Pass at any convenience store or ticket agency. You will be given a Pass in exchange for the voucher when you reach the Triennale, so please be sure to bring your voucher with you.
- Should I buy a 3-Day Ferry Pass or just regular ferry tickets?
- The 3-Day Ferry Pass can be used to travel to Naoshima, Teshima, Megijima, Ogijima and Shodoshima. If you will be visiting 2 to 3 of the above islands within a 3-day period, we recommend buying a Pass. Please note that you cannot use the Pass to take high speed passenger boats.
- Can I use the 3-Day Ferry Pass to visit the islands in western Kagawa (Shamijima, Honjima, Takamijima, Awashima and Ibukijima)?
- No, you cannot use the 3-Day Ferry Pass for the western islands.
- Can I use the 3-Day Ferry Pass to take a high speed passenger boat?
- No, you cannot.
- Can I get a refund for the 3-Day Ferry Pass?
- No, we do not give refunds even if the ferry is canceled due to bad weather, etc.
- Do you offer discounts for senior citizens or people with disabilities for the 3-Day Ferry Pass?
- No, we do not offer such discounts.
- I lost my 3-Day Ferry Pass? Can you re-issue it?
- No, we do not re-issue ferry passes.
Transportation on the Islands
- Do you set up the wheelchair at each location?
- We set up the wheelchair which can be used to visitors at each information center and main office. Inquiry to main information center for detail.
Tel: (+81) 87-813-2244
- Where can I rent a bicycle?
- Please check this page.
- Can I get around the islands on foot?
- The art sites on Megijima, Ogijima, Inujima, Oshima, Shamijima, Takamijima, Awashima and Ibukijima are all within walking distance. On Naoshima, Teshima, Shodoshima and Honjima we recommend combining walking with local island buses or rent-a-cycles.
- Do you have a bus timetable for each island?
- The bus timetables are in the Guidebook.
If you download the official application, route search including bus movement on the island is possible.
When the Triennale is not in session, the schedules may be different, so please check with the local bus companies.
- Are there taxis on the islands?
- There are taxis on Naoshima, Teshima, and Shodoshima. Please note that the number of taxis on Naoshima and Teshima is very limited.
- Can I take a baby buggy to the Triennale or rent one locally?
- It is possible to take a baby buggy into most art sites, but please be aware that some sites are not level. We do not rent baby buggies.
- How many art sites can I visit in one day?
- To see artworks with going around on island takes a day in the case of Naoshima, Shoudoshima and Teshima.
In the case of other islands, it takes about half a day per island. However there are some cases of taking times due to change the ferries, please make a schedule with time to spare.
- How long does it take to visit the art sites on all of the islands?
- About one week.
- Is there a place to check my luggage?
- There are coin lockers and baggage storages around Takamatsu port and Uno port. Please click the following page for more details.
- Where is a convenient place to stay overnight?
- Takamatsu is a very convenient place to stay as a base for visiting the islands. Accommodation is very crowded during the Triennale so please book in advance. Please contact each hotel or inn directly for information on room availability, etc.
- Can I take photos of the art sites?
- Yes, almost all of them can be freely photographed. However, if you intend to use any of your photos for commercial purposes, such as a book or magazine, please contact us via the press page of our website and submit a request for permission. Please also be considerate of the islanders when taking photographs.
*About artworks of Benesse Art Site Naoshima
We request visitors not to take photographs on museum premises. We also ask visitors not to take videos or make sketches. However, in some cases individual museums allow visitors to take photographs of outside artworks and certain other works. Please read the information below, and ask museum staff if you require further information.
- Chichu Art Museum：Visitors may take photographs in the Ticket Center and the Chichu Garden.
- Lee Ufan Museum：Visitors may photograph the artworks located outside the building. Once past the ticket counter, however, no photography is allowed.
- Benesse House Museum：Only outside artworks may be photographed.
- Art House Project： In order to respect the privacy of neighboring residents, passersby, and other visitors, only photographs of the exterior of the houses may be taken.
- Naoshima Bath "I♥︎︎湯"： In order to respect the privacy of neighboring residents, passersby, and other visitors, only photographs of the exterior may be taken.
We also ask that visitors use any photographs that they take for their personal enjoyment and not for publication or similar purposes.
- Can I take photos by drone?
- Please refrain from taking photos by “unmanned aircraft” such as Drone around each art site because it can occur some accidents by fall or obstruction of the visitors. In addition, please refrain from taking photos of artworks by “unmanned aircraft” and also opening the taken photos on view to public such as on website.
Media coverage and travel agency
- Is it possible to loaning of image?
- Loaning image is available in the Setouchi Executive Committee. The Application Form is located in
of the Triennale official website. Please feel free to contact it and fill out the application form.
- I want to cover the Setouchi Toriennale. Is any process required?
- If you would like to cover the Setouchi Triennale, please fill out the media coverage application form. We will consider your request and a person in charge of Publicity will get back to you later.
- I want to use the main visual.
- When using the main visual and official logo,it is necessary to apply in advance.
Please check this page for details.
- Can you send me some pamphlets?
- Yes, if you are willing to pay for postage. Please contact us for details.